Fleetwood Town are proud to be supporting Level Playing Field’s ‘Weeks of Action’ campaign.
Disability charity Level Playing Field are celebrating their 17th ‘Weeks of Action’ campaign from Saturday 27 January to Sunday 14 March, which aims to showcase the good work being done by clubs and organisations to improve accessibility and inclusion across all sports.
As for fans, Level Playing Field will be absent from the terraces this year due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, which means they will be taking their campaign virtual for the first time ever!
To support the campaign, Fleetwood Town are getting involved by helping our disabled supports learn about Level Playing Field and understand what they do, what their aims are to improve accessibility and inclusion, and how they can assist disabled fans.
Who are ‘Level Playing Field’?
Level Playing Field are a sports charity that act as a campaigning and advisory organisation for disabled sports fans. The charity supports disabled sports fans through the following channels:
As a user-led organisation, Level Playing Field’s members are always at the heart of what they do. Their shared passion for sport and equality really drives them to influence long-term change and improve the spectator experience for all disabled fans.
The Level Playing Field ‘Fan’ membership is free to join, and includes the following benefits:
- Weekly ‘match day’ newsletter with general LPF updates.
- Quarterly ‘Fan’ specific exclusive newsletter
- Invites to take part in annual events such as Weeks of Action and regional/national forums.
- Official membership certificate.
- It’s free to become a member.
Other benefits include:
- Access to independent, expert advise and guidance on access and inclusion issues.
- Opportunity to feedback on Access and Inclusion through LPF’s annual survey.
- Opportunity to network with other disabled and, fan groups and disability/sports organisations.
Active Level Playing Field initiatives
Level Playing Field run a range of initiatives for disabled sports fans, especially specific to the current climate of living through a global pandemic.
Active Level Playing Field initiatives:
- Talking Sport – Level Playing Field launched the Talking Sport initiative to help reduce loneliness and isolation during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Match of the Day… Before – Every Monday, the Fans Liaison Team host an open-invitation zoom call, where fans can come along and chat about all the weekend action. Email email@example.com for more information.
- The Level Playing Field podcast – The latest Level Playing Field initiative, a monthly podcast series with guests from across the sporting community.
To find out more about the above, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Level Playing Field’s work
Level Playing Field work behind the scenes with clubs to help improve accessibility at sports venues to ensure disabled supporters can experience the best possible match day. Common areas of improvement are sensory rooms, accessible toilets, audio commentary, and accessible club shops and food concession stands that include drop-down counters.
Areas of improvement can be highlight by clubs through Level Playing Field services such as:
- Access Audits by NRAC (National Register to Access Consultants)
- Club staff training
- Expert advice and guidance
If you would like to keep updated with Level Playing Field’s work, make sure to follow them on social media.