Job opening at Fleetwood Town
Head Groundsman – Fleetwood Town Football Club
• Job holder has developed the tools to influence and achieve business goals more effectively
• Fundamental man management and strong communication skills training or 2 years proven supervisory experience
• Proven skills of maintaining large horticultural sites, in particular sports facilities
Skills and Abilities
• Manual Handling Techniques and Awareness Training
• Experience working with a Synthetic Sports Training Facility
• Award in the Safe use of Pesticides Application Modules PA1, PA2A & PA6A etc.
• GCSE (or equivalent) at grade C or above in both Maths and English
• Formal Training in manual handling and risk assessment
• Thorough understanding of relevant Health and Safety legislation
• Or other recognised Horticulture / Turf Management qualifications at the appropriate level
• National/Scottish Vocational Qualification in Amenity horticulture Level 3 Sports Turf Maintenance or IOG National Intermediate Diploma or BTEC National Diploma or National Certificate in Turf Science and Sports Ground Management or City & Guilds Advanced National Certificate in Horticulture or a proven track record for at least 5 years as an experienced groundsman
• Maintenance and upkeep of the Groundsman’ s area – i.e. hut, yard and shed.
• Maintenance and upkeep of goals, dugouts and any other associated equipment.
• Implementing a weed control programme to areas such as paving and surrounding areas.
• Preparation of annual report to the CEO in respect of annual pitch renovation proposals each summer, including proposal of works required to each pitch/area in line with the Club’s budgets.
• Compliance with all necessary health and safety requirements
• Ensuring the machinery register and service records are kept fully up to date.
• Regular monitoring of all pitches for prevention of disease.
• Accurate record keeping including, but not limited to, fertilizer applications, aeration procedures, fungicide treatments etc.
• Regular monitoring of weather forecast
• Dealing with appropriate contractors and raising purchase orders as and when required.
• Management of contracts relating to machinery maintenance, irrigation engineers etc.
• Management of gritting procedure on the training ground car park and entrance in the event of freezing weather. Areas also to be gritted and prepared in advance of staff and players arriving for work.
• Management of the frost covers in order that matches at the stadium & first team training is always considered in advance of freezing weather.
• Regular liaison with the First Team Management staff, Development Team Manager and Academy staff in respect of pitch rotation and usage.
• Maintenance of the 3G pitch facility
• Weekend work required in accordance with the Club’s fixture programmes at all levels and to manage the recovery of the surfaces prior to training on Monday mornings.
• Line manager to a team of 5 ground staff, including but not limited to day to day management, daily work schedules and annual staff appraisals.
• Overall responsibility for the maintenance and upkeep of all first team, development team, academy, community match & training pitches and the Club’s 3G artificial surfaces.
Scope of duties:
Fleetwood Town Football Club has an exciting opportunity for a Head Groundsman. Working with the Ground staff to maintain pitches and associated areas / facilities at the Club’s Highbury Stadium and Poolfoot Farm Sports & Leisure Complex.
19 May 2017 Application Closing Date:
Competitive plus benefits Salary:
Hours are set to meet the needs of the business and will be a minimum of 37.5hrs Hours of work:
Highbury Stadium & Poolfoot Farm Sports & Leisure Complex Location:
Head Groundsman You will need to lead by example, have outstanding attention to detail and a willing to achieve beyond the set targets. Anyone interested should apply by sending their CV and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply:
Only applicants that demonstrate within their application that they meet the above criteria will be considered for the role.
• High expectation of self and high standards
• Must be able to cope under pressure
• Must be confident, approachable, dependable, professional
• Must possess excellent judgement
• Good organisational skills
• Strong communicator and the ability to build rapport with people at all levels
• Previous experience working within the professional sports industry, ideally within football.
• Able to work on own and as part of a team
• Computer literacy – in particular with Microsoft Office, including use of email and word
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Fleetwood Town FC is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the Community.
Closing date for applications is 19th May 2017
This information is available in different formats if required. Please contact the above email address.