Fleetwood Town can confirm we have withdrawn contract offers to Conor McLaughlin, David Ball and Jimmy Ryan.
The club had been in talks with the trio over extending their spells at Highbury Stadium ahead of the expiration of their current contracts on July 1.
However, after talks with the players and their representatives, we now feel the time is right to move in a different direction in our plans for the new season.
Head coach, Uwe Rosler said: “David Ball called me up and said he will join another club. He did fantastic for us and I wished him all the best. There is no bad blood, in fact quite the opposite, we will remain friends.
“Conor told me he wanted to play in the Championship and he has clubs lined up and he will most likely go and play in the Championship. He totally deserves this opportunity on the back of his outstanding performances over time for our football club.
“Jimmy didn’t report Monday for our first day of pre-season and that indicates to me that he will not accept our offer for a new contract. All three players made an impact in my time here, and I personally wish them and their families all the very best for their careers and future."
Technical Director, Gretar Steinsson, added: “By withdrawing these three offers and drawing a line under negotiations which have been going on since last October, we can now move on in our plans to recruit for the coming season and make progress with a number of deals which myself, Andy Pilley and Uwe Rosler are keen to do.
"The club would like to thank all three players for their efforts during their time at Highbury Stadium, and wish them all the best for the future.”