Vacancy opens up in club's academy department
Head of Academy Recruitment
Reports to: Academy Manager
Salary: Subject to Experience Contract: Permanent (Full Time) Flexible working in order to meet the club’s needs
To manage and co-ordinate Fleetwood Town Football Club’s Academy recruitment process, with the aim of recruiting players that will improve the current playing squads.
Main areas of responsibility
· Responsible for the development and implementation of Fleetwood Town’s Academy recruitment policy.
· Work with the Academy Manager and Technical Director to form a Philosophy of how we recruit at FTFC.
· Work closely with the CEO to establish links Internationally so that FTFC can be innovative with its recruitment strategy.
· Develop a structure within the department that is efficient and becomes a successful branch of the club.
· Forge strong links with Category 1 and 2 clubs across the Country that open pathways for players coming to the club.
· Create innovative ways to recruit players
· Establish a network of volunteer scouts who are motivated to work for Fleetwood Town FC.
· Create activity plans for Scouts on a weekly, monthly and yearly basis.
· Create scout reports that must be filled in by our recruitment staff when assessing players.
· Use the Performance Management Application to log reports, monitor scout activity and view player assessments.
· Establish links with Fylde Coast grass roots clubs so that the club has positive relationships with local junior football.
· Produce a strategy for recruitment that is specific to the Fylde coast, North West, Nationwide, European and Worldwide.
· Arrange fixtures against teams who have players who might be of interest to FTFC.
· Develop a protocol for approaching clubs for players that represents the club in a positive way.
· Establish a generic way that players are assessed by our scouts so that we can ensure consistency to our approach.
· Conduct regular CPD events so that our recruitment team understand the FTFC philosophy and know exactly the profile of players that we are looking for.
· Arrange regular visits to established Category 1 and 2 clubs to form strong bonds that work in favour of FTFC.
· Attract a recruitment team from different cultures as to give us a wide spectrum of player styles and abilities.
· Deal with all players families who FTFC are looking to recruit including introducing them to relevant coaches and showing them around facilities etc
· Organise formal reviews for trialists by linking with the Lead Phase Coaches to produce the reports.
· Track released players so that we are aware of football progress and potential for the future.
· Produce age group specific player position profiles so that scouts understand what attributes we are looking for in players across the full performance pathway.
· Attend Category 1 and 2 Academy matches to gain inside knowledge on players who may be released.
· Form relationships with football agents in order to get first choice on players that become available and are suitable to FTFC.
· Be available and flexible enough to travel on short notice to local, national and international destinations in order to recruit players.
· Attend Trial events to represent the club
· Be flexible enough to meet the demands of the organisation in any reasonable way.
Knowledge, skills and experience
· Experience of working in a Professional football club Academy
· Working as part of a team
· Experience of compiling and checking reports
· Excellent organisational skills
· Assertive excellent communicator
· Ability to Network and meet new people
· Growth mindset focusing on continuous improvement
· Approachable and professional manner towards young people
· Willingness to learn and continuously develop
· Ability to deliver high quality work under pressure and to deadlines
· Knowledge of Football Regulations and in particular Youth Development Rules
· A network of contacts within the professional football industry
· An in depth understanding of the Elite Player Performance Plan
The EFL is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to endorse this commitment.
This post requires Enhanced Criminal Records Checks and may include checks against the Barred Lists, as such it is exempt from Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974). Therefore all convictions including spent convictions that have not been subject to filtering by the DBS should be declared”.
Relevant information and / or documents will be distributed as part of the recruitment process.
The employee must at all times carry out their duties with due regard to the Fleetwood Town Football Club policies and procedures.
The employee must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relationships between all internal and external stakeholders.
Closing date: Friday 23rd June
Interested applications should email their CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
This information is available in different formats if required. Please contact the above email address.