Club are seeking to appoint an assistant performance analystFleetwood Town Football Club are looking to recruit a hard working, proactive and committed individual to join the sports science department in the position of assistant performance analyst.
This role is fundamental to the Club's long-term vision, facilitating the development of our own young players through performance analysis.
The assistant performance analyst will be employed on a full-time basis, working primarily with the Club's development and under 18 squads, and will be based at the Club's new £6million training complex in Thornton.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a unique and ambitious Club with a track record of promoting from within and developing staff that have gone on to work in higher divisions.
Job title: Assistant performance analyst
Reports to: Head of performance analysis
Location: Based at Poolfoot Farm training ground in Thornton and Highbury Stadium in Fleetwood. Some travel to away fixtures will be required.
Hours: This is a full-time role requiring flexibility to work evenings and weekends
Salary: £14,000 pa
Role purpose: To assist the Head of Performance Analysis with analysis provision to the Club's squads, with particular responsibility for the development and under 18 squads.
Roles and responsibilities
- Provide analysis support to the development and under 18 squads
- Capture and code development squad and under 18's fixtures
- Post-match coding on a team and individual basis to provide video feedback to staff and players
- Upload wide-angle match footage to an online sharing platform
- Distribute individual player clips
- Prepare post-match packages suitable for team, unit and individual feedback, according to the needs of the coaching staff
- Develop a database of best practice to support coaching and player development
- Maintain team and video databases for the development and under 18's squads
- Film training sessions when requested
- Attend first team fixtures when available
- Contribute and commit to accredited and non-accredited CPD programme
- Keep abreast of all new technology and methodology related to performance analysis
- Any ad hoc duties requested by the management
- Minimum 2:1 undergraduate degree in a sports science/coaching related subject
- Good understanding of SportsCode GameBreaker software
- Good working knowledge of Excel, Keynote and Powerpoint
- Good working knowledge of video editing software such as iMovie
- Experience filming matches and training
- Good level of tactical/technical football knowledge
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to meet strict deadlines in a pressured environment
- Ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary sports science team
- Understand the importance of confidentiality and professionalism
- Full UK driving license
The above job description is not intended to be exhaustive, the duties and responsibilities may therefore vary over time according to the changing needs of the Club.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV (two pages max) with a covering letter highlighting your suitability for the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ASSISTANT PERFORMANCE ANALYST in the subject line.
Friday 25th September at Midday
Interviews will be held Thursday 1st October 2015
ASAP after successful interview