Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Club News

Loan watch: Hogan's Macclesfield net late winner

7 December 2014

Moss Rose oufit move to fourth in the Conference

Liam Hogan played the full 90 minutes as his Macclesfield Town scored a dramatic late winner to beat Woking 2-1 in the Vanarama Conference Premier at the Moss Rose on Saturday.

Central defender Hogan impressed once again for the Cheshire club, as they moved up to fourth in the league.

Macclesfield took an early lead after 12 minutes, when Matthew Barnes-Homer drilled an effort into the back of the net from close range.

Woking were level five minutes after half time though, with Dean Morgan netting a long-range finish from outside the penalty area.

However, Paul Turnbull was the hero as he won all three points for Macclesfield in the 88th minute, when his right-footed shot from 20-yards flew into the bottom corner.

Midfielder Matty Blair was also in action, as he helped Cambridge United to a replay in their FA Cup second round game at home to Mansfield.

Rakish Bingham gave Mansfield a third minute lead as he connected with a cross to head home, but the U’s were level after ten minutes when Luke Chadwick restored parity.

Blair came on as a 53rd minute substitute for Sullay Kaikai, as Cambridge pressed for a winner having beat the Cod Army in the previous round.

United defender Tom Champion then gifted Mansfield a second goal, by turning the ball past his own keeper with 80 minutes on the clock.

The hosts salvaged a replay though when Kwesi Appiah rifled the ball into the net from close range in stoppage time.

Tom Davies was on the winning side as Alfreton Town recorded a 1-0 victory away at Nuneaton Town.

The defender has become a pivotal part of Alfreton's back four, as helped his side record a clean-sheet in the Vanarama Conference Premier fixture.

The solitary goal of the game came courtesy of Bradley Wood, who dispatched a 15th minute penalty to ease Town’s relegation fears.

Jamie Allen featured for AFC Fylde as the Coasters recorded a 3-0 victory over Stalybridge Celtic in the Vanarama Conference North.

Danny Lloyd put Fylde one to the good after ten minutes, as he coolly put the ball into the back of the net.

Fylde were 2-0 up just after the hour, as Lloyd turned provider to assist Richie Allen, who saw his diving header beat the keeper.

Danny Rowe wrapped up proceedings on 84 minutes, bundling the ball into the net which moved the Coasters up to fourth in the league.

Scott Davies and Stewart Murdoch were not in action due to Morecambe and Northampton's elimination from the FA Cup.

Advertisement block