Following the success of the Community Sports College course, the Community Trust will be hosting an Open Day on Thursday 14 November to showcase their new Foundation Degree qualification.
As part of the Education provision within the Community College, the course will be running a Foundation Degree in Sports Coaching and Development in conjunction with the University of South Wales from September 2020.
The degree is distance learning and so involves online modules and lessons which students are able to complete in their own time and so perfect for people working full time as can be managed around your own schedule.
It allows students to study all subdisciplines of coaching development whilst gaining valuable industry-recognised qualifications. The course will teach you aspects of coaching, development, social inclusion, and sports management skills.
Students will study all coaching-related disciplines including;
- Academic Research and Professional Skills
- Introduction to Sports Coaching
- Introduction to Sports Science for Coaching
- Introduction to Sports Development
- Managing Sport
- Sports Development in Practice
- Project Management
- Sport Placement (double module)
- Community Sports Development
- Physical Education and School Sport
- Sports Coaching and Leadership
- FA Level 2 in Football Coaching
- Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Physical Development & Physical Activity in the Early Years (AFPE)
For more information regarding the degree, feel free to attend our Open Evening at Poolfoot Farm on Thursday 14 November from 6-7pm. You can also drop Joseph Newson – BTEC lecturer – an email on email@example.com for more details.