Town seeking new U21 coachPosition: Senior Professional Development Coach (U21)
Responsible to: Academy Manager
Fleetwood Town are a progressive EFL Club building a key philosophy of development across the club.
To coach and develop all players in the club’s Senior Professional Development Phase (U19-U21) on a day to day basis
Main areas of responsibility
• manage the Club’s U21 team
• report to the Academy Manager on all aspects relating to individual and squad development of the U21 team with regard to Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP)
• liaise with the 1st Team Manager and 1st Team Development Coach and contribute The Technical Board and the Academy Management Team in identifying appropriate and club pathways into the first team environment
• liaise with the Head of Academy Coaching and oversee and implement on a day-to-day basis the Coaching Curriculum for the U21 team
• support the transition of U21 Players to the Club’s senior squad in accordance with the Club’s coaching and playing philosophies
• support the transition of U18 Players to the Club’s U21 squad in accordance with the Club’s coaching and playing philosophies
• contribute to the Multi-disciplinary reviews of Academy Players in the Senior Professional Development Phase including the application of Sport Science methods and Individual Learning Plans
• maximize the developmental performance of players in the U21 team
• contribute, to other coaching areas where support may be required, including local and overseas coaching programmes and coaching club players other than those in the U19-U21 age group
• be familiar with all professional development phase players and attend games where appropriate
• provide detailed verbal and written input on all trialists in the U21 team, making recommendations to the Technical Board
• attend matches of other clubs in both preparation of fixtures and/or for the purposes of recruitment
• work with stakeholders in providing logistical support on match, training and player and trialists travel and accommodation arrangements
Person specification qualifications
• UEFA A Licence • FA Youth Award • FA Safeguarding qualification • FA First Aid qualification • Enhanced DBS clearance • Clean Driving Licence
• FA Advanced Youth Award • FA Coach Education Qualification
Knowledge, skills and experience
• Strong Leadership skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Proven track record in developing young players to a high standard within an Elite Football environment
• Experience with the Premier League PMA system
• Experience in talent identification and recruitment of players
• An understanding of sports science and medicine
• Experience of dealing with minors and understanding of Child Protection and Safeguarding procedures including the relevant clearances for individuals.
• An understanding of the EFL Youth Development rules and regulations
• An understanding of the Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP)
The EFL is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to endorse this commitment.
This post requires Enhanced Criminal Records Checks and may include checks against the Barred Lists, as such it is exempt from Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974). Therefore all convictions including spent convictions that have not been subject to filtering by the DBS should be declared”.
Relevant information and / or documents will be distributed as part of the recruitment process.
The employee must at all time carry out their duties with due regard to the Fleetwood Town policies and procedures.
The employee must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relationships between all internal and external stakeholders.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS TUESDAY 12th JULY (5pm)
Please complete the short application form by CLICKING HERE and email this with your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org