Trust are seeking to appoint an individual to join its teamFleetwood Town's Community Trust are seeking to appoint a National Citizen Service programme leader.
The Trust is an independent and registered charity working in partnership with Fleetwood Town Football Club.
Our mission is to enrich the lives of children and young people through sport, physical activity, health and educational programmes.
The National Citizen Service is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity open to all 15, 16 & 17 year olds and helps them build skills for work and life, whilst taking on new challenges and meeting new friends.
This is an excellent opportunity to be involved with an exciting programme which has tangible results for the young people involved.
The roles are demanding and fast-paced but highly rewarding. These roles will require week-long residential commitments at a variety of times as Fleetwood Town FC Community Trust run around 5 NCS trips during the year.
The groups are composed of approximately 15 young people and the leader will be expected to work under the direction of the NCS Coordinator and assist with the pastoral care and support the development of the young people.
Previous experience would be welcome but is not essential.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be to;
- Lead, inspire and take responsibility for the pastoral care for a group of participants, ensuring their safety and assisting their personal development throughout residential trips.
- Lead by example and get involved in outdoor and community volunteering activities, keeping the group motivated at all times.
- Work as part of a larger team of staff to support the planning and delivery of a Social Action Project.
- Work with and support all other staff to deal with any challenging behaviour from young people.
- Ensure that appropriate safeguarding, health & safety and other relevant policies are implemented and followed.
- Provide support to staff and young people in a variety of settings to ensure that they have a positive NCS experience.
- Work within the ethos of the NCS programme.
- DBS Cleared
- Able to attend residential trips
- Ability to participate in outdoor activities
- Experience of engaging/working with youth groups, schools, or other community organisations
- Experience of the NCS programme
- Experience working with young people aged 15-17
- Leadership skills
- Ability to relate to young people
- Related study
If you are enthusiastic, hard-working, reliable and have a passion for working with young people then please send your CV and a covering letter to;
Joseph Newson, NCS Coordinator, Fleetwood Town Community Trust, Highbury Stadium, Park Ave, Fleetwood. Lancashire. FY7 6TX.