Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Club News

FTFC Development Squad 1-1 Nike Academy

9 September 2015

Eddie Dsane scores the goal for FTFC

Fleetwood Town’s Development squad shared the spoils in a 1-1 draw against the Nike Academy at Poolfoot Farm on Wednesday afternoon.

Eddie Dsane opened the scoring for Barry Nicholson’s side after 52 minutes, before the Nike Academy equalised five minutes later.

In a quiet start to proceedings on the Fylde Coast, chances became hard to come by for both sides, with Dsane going close on two occasions for Fleetwood.

Conor Smith would be the next player to try his luck for Town, but the midfielder couldn’t keep his effort from distance under the crossbar.

Gary Lavery would go close before the end of the half for the Cod Army, firstly curling a shot off target from 20 yards after cutting in from the right, with his second attempt well saved by the Nike Academy keeper.

The second-half started as the first finished, Fleetwood in the box-seat, and they were rewarded with the opening goal of the game after 52 minutes – courtesy of Dsane, who scored with a low finish from inside the penalty area.

However, the visitors restored parity five minutes later, when the Nike Academy forward was played in on goal, and slotted the ball beyond the dive of Fleetwood’s keeper.

The Nike Academy then had a couple of chances to seize the initiative in the friendly, though both efforts on goal went begging.

With 20 minutes left, Dsane latched onto a lofted ball from Bradley Roscoe, though the former could only strike wide of the far post.

Dsane was involved in the play once more, and it took a great stop from Nike Academy’s goalkeeper to deny Fleetwood.

Mamadou Djabi was next to have a go at goal, but he too was denied by a good save.

The Nike Academy had a chance of their own in the dying embers, but their striker shot wide from long range.

Kieran Dunbar nearly scored the winner with a minute to play, but he too was denied by the goalkeeper.

Advertisement block