Find out more about our new signing...On Wednesday afternoon, Fleetwood Town announced the capture of midfielder Jimmy Ryan from Chesterfield.
So, to find out a little more about Jimmy, here are ten things to know about our latest recruit.
1. Jimmy Ryan was born on September 6th 1988, in Maghull, Merseyside.
2. He began his career in the youth team at Liverpool, winning the FA Youth Cup twice, in 2006 and 2007.
3. Ryan was loaned to Shrewsbury Town in August 2007 – and subsequently made the move to Shropshire on a permanent basis in January 2008.
4. The midfielder was released by the Shrews just months later, and signed for Accrington Stanley in August 2008, following a successful trial.
5. Ryan became one of the key players at the Crown Ground, and his early form caught the eye of the Republic of Ireland U21 side.
6. He scored his first goal for the Republic of Ireland U21s, in Lithuania in October 2008.
7. In a three-year stay, Ryan made 129 appearances at Stanley, netting 22 times as he was included in the League Two PFA Team of the Year for the 2010/11 campaign.
8. Scunthorpe United secured his signature in June 2011, and Ryan would spend two league campaigns at Glanford Park, making 69 appearances for the Iron in that time.
9. He was on the move again in the summer of 2013, penning a deal with Chesterfield on a free transfer.
10. Whilst in Derbyshire, he made 83 appearances for the club, 52 of which came last season, as Chesterfield finished sixth. Ryan has a league winner’s medal to his name during his time at the Proact Stadium, after helping them to a League Two title-win in 2013/14.