Midfielder with previous spells at Blackpool and ScunthorpeFleetwood Town announced the signing of midfielder Bobby Grant today.
Here is ten facts to help you get to know Cod Army’s latest arrival ahead of the new season.
- Robert “Bobby” Grant is 25 years old and was born in Liverpool on 1st of July 1990.
- Grant is a versatile midfielder who can play both in the centre and on the wings.
- He began his career at Accrington Stanley and went on to score 15 goals in 65 appearances during his four years at Stanley.
- He then moved on to Scunthorpe United for a fee of up to £260,000 making 59 appearances for The Iron.
- During his time at Glanford Park, Grant was a substitute in Scunthorpe’s third round League Cup defeat against Manchester United in 2010.
- In the summer of 2012, he signed for Rochdale and enjoyed a productive spell at Spotland scoring 16 goals.
- Following his impressive season in Greater Manchester, Grant signed for neighbours Blackpool in July 2013 on a two-year deal.
- It is his second spell at Highbury as he joined the Club February 2014, however he suffered injury in his first game and did not suffer after this.
- In October 2014, Grant went on loan at Shrewsbury Town and featured regularly as the club won promotion to League One.
- Grant won the Sky Bet League 2 Player of the Month for March 2015, scoring five goals that month with two coming away against Portsmouth.