Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Match Previews

Time to move back on track - Davies

30 December 2013

Keeper says form will return

Goalkeeper Scott Davies called the decision to postpone Sunday’s game against Wycombe Wanderers a ‘farce’, and that the referee should have made his mind up much sooner.

The Cod Army faithful made the 440 mile round trip to High Wycombe only for referee Andy Davies to deem the pitch unplayable twenty minutes before kick-off.

The shot stopper told the club’s official website: “The decision could have been made a lot earlier. I feel for the fans who made the trip down, as we obviously travelled the day before, so for it to be called off twenty minutes before kick off is a bit of a farce really”.

In fact, the decision to call the game off was made while the two teams were completing their warm-ups, which resulted in a Wycombe player injuring himself, and Davies said: “The whole pitch was frozen, not just the goalmouths. The referee asked us to warm up, and in the process one of their lads fell over and did his elbow in”.

Graham Alexander and his players will now look ahead to Wednesday’s game at home to Accrington Stanley, although will be wary as James Beattie’s men beat Town 2-0 at the end of November.

Looking ahead to the second Lancashire clash over the holidays, Davies said: “We were disappointed to lose the game at their place, but we shouldn’t be thinking about them, as it’s all about us and how we perform”.

After a couple of recent league defeats against Cheltenham and Morecambe, which saw the Cod Army slip out of the play-off places, Davies insisted that his side weren’t enduring a blip and that their form would soon return: “We’ve lost two games so I wouldn’t call it a blip, but it’s important we get back on track and pick up again”.

Meanwhile, the keeper visited club sponsor Warburton's Chemist on Lord Street in Fleetwood. Scott pulled the name of Mr Prescott who won the Christmas prize draw.

Advertisement block