Futsal is the only form of indoor football approved by FIFA, UEFA and the FA. With over 2 million players regularly participating in fast-paced 5-a-side action that rewards good technique and game intelligence, Futsal is globally recognised as one of the fastest growing indoor sports in the world. Many greats from the 11-a-side game such as Ronaldo, Fabregas, Zidane and Pele attribute the development of their skills to Futsal. Extensively televised international competitions such as the Futsal world cup and UEFA Futsal cup allow players to showcase their talents on a global scale and ensure that Futsal is here to stay as part of the fabric of football.
As a key element of the FA’s strategy to develop the game and produce players capable of representing England, and after a very successful introduction in 2010, Fleetwood Town are now offering this exciting and innovative programme to 16-17 year olds. Learners will have the opportunity to train in Futsal for up to 8 hours a week with Fleetwood Town F.C. coaches, under the direction of the Football League Trust. Training will be supplemented with fortnightly regular fixtures against other teams, representing professional clubs, in the Football League Trust Futsal League.
The Futsal and Education programme is a Level 3 Academic programme that uses the sports of Futsal and Football as the hook to engage the learners
It is a two year programme, consisting of the following outcomes
- Level 3 BTEC National Extended Diploma in Sport – Up to 3 A Levels
- Regular coaching with club coaching staff
- Minimum of fortnightly fixtures
- Sports Leaders Awards
- Coaching Awards, such as the beginners guide to futsal and the Level 1 referees award.
The course is designed to provide multiple exit routes for learners, such as:
- University Degree
- Foundation Degree
- Employment in leisure industry, for example with community department of local club, or as a coach/referee
- Employment in other sectors
- International/Professional Futsal player